Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stash Report- September 5, 2010


At the rate I am buying fabric, you'd wonder if I am trying to cover my car with it as this person did!  I added fabric for quilt backs, Kona black and white on sale (couldn't pass that up at $2.49/yd!) and polka dot fabrics for baby quilts.  I don't tend to be a big buy fabric because it's pretty or on sale person.  I generally buy fabric when I know what I'm going to do with it.  My stash is less than 1 small shelf in my closet.  But I do have fabric set aside for about 10 quilts to be made.  That's my stash!

Used this Week: 26 yards
Used year to Date: 171 yards
Added this Week: 32 yards
Added Year to Date: 162.25 yards
Net Used for 2010: 8.75yards

5 comments:

  1. Well, at least you're still in the black. That's saying something.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if my husband would mind if I used my stash to cover our 71 VW. mmmm As for the Kona black and white buy, all I can say is did you buy enough at that price to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you at least are going in the right direction and have more used than gained. I acquired more fabric yesterday but also had a great time. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know we have to keep buying SOME fabric; as long as we don't give up and not even look at our stash before buying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have only that much stash, who cares if you bought a lot this week?

    ReplyDelete