Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, September 19, 2010

Stash Report- September 19, 2010

My Christmas quilt is finished- binding and all!  It's only 4 different fabrics.  The pattern is that of a mystery quilt one of my guilds did.  I noticed that when you set the blocks a certain way, they resembled a pointsetta.  The longarm quilting is gold thread quilted in the shape of poinsettas.  Here's how it looks on my bed.

I ran out of fabric for 2 quilts I am working on and had to take a trip to my LQS- hence the additions.  I am also  collecting fabrics for another quilt that will go on my to be made list- probably for 2011. 

Used this Week: 14.5 yards
Used year to Date: 193.5 yards
Added this Week: 12.25 yards
Added Year to Date: 177.5 yards
Net Used for 2010: 16 yards

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful quilt. All your fabric purchases had a place and a reason and you are still in the black. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it sure is beautiful! and a finish - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ran out of fabric?? Guess I did too a while back--needed more reds and a special black. But I love to hear when a quilter says "I ran out of fabric"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Christmas quilt, makes me want to go pull out the Christmas fabric I bought to make me one.

    ReplyDelete