Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, September 26, 2010

Stash Report- September 26, 2010

 Nothing like watching the New Orleans Saints play on Sunday while I snuggle under my new Saints lap quilt!  Just got it back from the longarmer and put the binding on. 

Cindy of CeCe Quilts did the longarm quilting.  She uses a custom pattern with "New Orleans Saints", fleur de lis, "NFL", a map of Louisiana and the ever controversial "Who Dat?"  Although the color is distorted in the pictures, she used a gold thread for the quilting which really stands out.


 I just love the backing.  It is a black and gold 108" wide batik.  I make a paper pieced heart as my signature label and sign & date  it with an extra fine black Sharpee.

And with the leftover fabric......I made a wall hanging for my front door.


This week's stash report had some additions.  Once I brought my Saints quilt to work for my co-workers to see several of them want one!  I told them it would be months before I could get to it and it would be expensive, but I rushed right out to my local quilt shop, Mes Amis, and bought the Saints, Fleur de lis and other black and gold fabric.

Used this Week: 12 yards
Used year to Date: 205.5 yards
Added this Week: 22 yards
Added Year to Date: 199.5 yards
Net Used for 2010:  6 yards

7 comments:

  1. It REALLY turned out great! Congrats.

    And, you're in the black, so that's great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great quilt and nice amount of fabric used up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt...love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, quilting is awesome and it really finishes your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt! I have yet to make my DH a Saints quilt. Poor thing -- everyone else has been moved ahead. Maybe this year.

    ReplyDelete