Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, February 21, 2011

UFO # 10 Finished! New York Beauty



Got kind of emotional this morning as I sewed the last seam in my queen size New York Beauty quilt. This UFO has been 1 1/2 years in the making. Such a feeling of accomplishment to finish this one! Now that the top is finished it will go to the longarmer. Never dreamed I could finish this one in a month! I set my goals on the calendar of the number of blocks to make per day and did not waiver. Woo Hoo! I'm done!

19 comments:

  1. Wow, your perseverance sure paid off! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you! Doesn't it feel good to be done. I finished #10 a couple of days ago, but it was much older than 1 1/2 years. Congratulations, can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY, OH MY, OH MY! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes that is awesome! Great job! Something like that would take me many many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am awestruck it is so beautiful. Great job. I hope you got to celebrate a little too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is INCREDIBLE! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this is a late comment but I look at Design Wall Monday posts all week long rather than all at once. Makes for a happy week. Anyway, I had to tell you how WONDERFUL I think your quilt is. A New York Beauty!! Wow. What an accomplishment. It will be so awesome when it's finished and on your bed. You should be very proud of yourself. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow -- a fantastic finish! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fabulous! Wow...I love love love it! I can truly appreciate the hours you've spent piecing those blocks...I'm working on an Indian Orange Peel and it is taking me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And such a wonderful finish - your quilt is so beautiful and such an accomplishment. Great work and when the top is done I consider them finished on my side - then to the quilter. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goergous! I can't believe you did most of that in just one month. Of course, I can't believe what I manage to finish myself some months, but when someone makes up step back and set goals and review them...wow! Such a wonderful quilt. I think your quilt finally managed to put this pattern is on my 'eventually' list, but probably not until I learn more patience for paper piecing and curves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Word! That is so gorgeous!!! Wow! And nice job staying on task. That's one of my hardest things, but this challenge is helping!

    ReplyDelete