Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stash Report

I finished piecing the top called Summer at Mom's as a wedding gift for a May wedding. Now it's off to the longarmer. I have to say that I like it so much that I actually thought about taking the couple's embroidered name and date off and keeping it for myself! But I can always make another one, right?

My favorite is the borders:

Now back to work on this month's UFO- my overwhelming New York Beauty! Counting the wedding quilt helped my numbers this week. Now if only I can resist all these Super Bowl fabric sales I've gotten emails about!

Used this Week: 13 yards
Used year to Date: 81 yards
Added this Week: 1.5 yards
Added Year to Date: 43 yards
Net Used for 2011: 38 yards

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And wow, 81 yds used so far this year - you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wedding quilt - and so follow your thought of keeping it.. I agree with Connie's comment: you sure are moving fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness! You've been a busy girl this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! Great stash busting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgous quilt! I can understand why you would be tempted. 81 yards busted - you have been very busy. Congrads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really funny...that you actually thought about taking their names off and keeping the quilt! It is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would have been a big temptation! The name fits it so well.

    ReplyDelete