Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, February 7, 2011

Design Wall Monday


This is what UFO #10 looks like at the beginning of February. I have 24 blocks made and I need 120 to complete the quilt. I am setting daily goals for the number of blocks to make and so far so good. I should be finished piecng the blocks by the end of the month reserving a few days for piecing the blocks together. I could make less blocks and use sashing. But, no, I like the way the New York Beauty blocks look without sashing. I started this project in a class 1 1/2 years ago. So, I will love finishing this one!

6 comments:

  1. WOW! This is an ambitious project! I've admired New York Beauty quilts, but I've never had the gumption to start one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot wait to see some of your blocks on a design wall. NYB is one of my many favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...impressive. I HATE paper piecing. I've done it occasionally but I don't like it. I totally admire it...just don't like the process. Good for you to work pull it out and get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like fun blocks to work on, it's just the volume that you have to produce...wow! Can't wait to see at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NYB's are one of my most favourite quilts to look at. They have so much colour and motion, and waaaaaayyyyy to much paper. Good luck getting it done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have admired NYB but never dared to try one. Will be checking back and see your progress - it surely will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete