Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stash Report- January 2, 2011

This is a picture of my stash.  As you can see, the fabric is creeping over into the space for towels.  I stop keeping track of my stash at the end of last October.  When Judy wrote on her blog about the cost of fabric, be proud of your stash, I decided to add to it.  Now I have enough fabric that I can probably put together a quilt or two without going out to the quilt store for fabric.  My goal this year is not necessarily to reduce my stash substantially, but to only buy fabric when needed for a specific quilt to be made at that time.

Yesterday I made a Valentine's Day wall hanging.  Pictures later.

Used this Week: 1 yard
Used year to Date: 1yard
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net Used for 2011: 1 yard

Here's to Happy Quilting in 2011!

5 comments:

  1. Look forward to seeing the Valentine Wall hanging, and I like your attitude to stash busting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your goal...it was mine last year and again this year. Only buy what is needed for a project if something in my stash or in my daughter's stash doesn't work. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying fabric only when we need it for a project really controls stash. I can't say I do that all the time but better than I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't imagine my stash fitting into one frame of a photo. That would be awesome, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. umm,if the towels are in the way - give them away LOL

    ReplyDelete