Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, January 3, 2011

Design Wall Monday- January 3, 2011

Have I started on my January UFO yet?  NOOO!!! I found something else to distract me- but that is the problem all along isn't it???  Planning a trip to see my sister soon.  She moved into her new house 5 years ago and I have yet to see it.  And I realized- I have not made her a quilt.  Soooo....I am making a Batik Block Beauty for her.  At our quilt group's November retreat we played the game Left-Right-Center with batik fat quarters and I won.  These went perfectly for this quilt.  That and some black Kona cotton I got on sale last year. These are the strips of 8 1/2 square batiks with black sashing.  They are just waiting to be sewn together with black strips between and a plain black border.  And the best part- I made a quilt entirely from my stash!


3 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to complete a quilt from your stash?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work. It is always fun to find that great quilt just lurking in your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! I would say that is starting the year off in a great way...making quilts from stash!

    ReplyDelete