Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, January 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday


Pinwheels, pinwheels, pinwheels. I am working on a quilt for a friend's daughter as a wedding gift this May. The pattern has 120 pastel pinwheels! I am using Kaffe Fassett's pastel fabrics. The center is all pinwheels with a white border. The border has an appliqued green vine with leaves. The pattern is called Summer at Mom's and was a free insert in a brochure about McCall's Quilting magazine. I am setting goals: 20 pinwheels yesterday, 10 today, etc. Should be through the pinwheels by the end of this week. Then- put it together and add the borders. You could say I am in pinwheel heaven!

10 comments:

  1. I see we have the same kind of design wall - LOL. It's going to be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pinwheels and Pastels a Beautiful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will be gorgeous...look forward to seeing it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinwheels are a favorite of mine.....I am sure the couple will LOVE the quilt. The prints are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just gotta love pinwheels. The fabric you are using is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How good that you have started so far in advance. I am usually a last minute quilter: not so good. Looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is going to be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking very fresh and energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool pinwheels - that will make a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete