Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, January 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday

This weekend I worked on a quilt for my brother.  He said the best quilt he ever saw was a reversible Saints/LSU quilt.  He said you can put it out on whatever side for the team that is winning!  Clever idea.  So....  I did the LSU side in a bonafide quilt pattern.....

I figured that if I made the same quilt for the back (Saints version) the longarmer would have difficulty getting these perfectly together.  So, I did the Saints side in simple 10" blocks.

Brought it to the longarmer this afternoon.  Picked out a quilting pattern of footballs and helmets.  Can't wait to see how this one works out. 

3 comments:

  1. My friend Michele would love this quilt - what a great idea to combine the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made Saints and LSU quilts (even purses) but not in the same quilt. I love it! I did make a Saints purse lined with tiger stripe fabric.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete