Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, October 3, 2010

Stash Report- October 3, 2010


Have you ever made a quilt and have no idea where it will end up?  I made this one from scraps and a few fat quarters with musical instruments that  I picked up from a quilt show.  Since it had scrap fleur de lis I called it New Orleans Night Music.  I picked it up from the longarmer yesterday.  The quilting is guitars and musical notes.  My daughter called last night and was on her way to a birthday party in NYC of a girl she went to college with.  She said she didn't have time to get her a gift- if only she could find a gift in NYC that resembled New Orleans and music- her two favorite things.  Now, 2 weeks ago she called and asked me to make this girl a quilt for her birthday.  I said- 2 weeks!  No way!  I forgot this one was at the longarmer.  Hence, when I go to NYC this week to visit, this quilt has a new home- my daughter's friend.

Did quite a bit of fabric shopping this week.  Building my stash for a couple of quilts I hope to make in the spring and some wide backing.  No longer in the black, but not worried about it because once I'm back from NYC and start quilting this too will change.   

Used this Week: 17.5 yards
Used year to Date: 225 yards
Added this Week: 33 yards
Added Year to Date: 232.5 yards
Net Used for 2010: +7.5 yards

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your daughter sure is a lucky one - and so is her friend! Hope your Music quilt will be loved and appreciated - it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name and the quilt. Great job. That young lady is very special to receive such a gift.

    ReplyDelete