Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Handmade Gifts

I like to give things I make as gifts. I feel that at this time in life if someone wants something particular, they will go into the store and buy it. And I for one don't want my home filled with things people give me just to give me a gift and it's something I don't like. I have 1 friend who comes over and asks where is something she gave you if she doesn't see it out! So, we have tried to eliminate gift giving. However, I do give gifts on non-specific occasions- a new house, etc. This is something I might give- A New York Beauty table runner.

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous and a very nice gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a great present, and it must take a lot of time to make. I hope the person who receives your beautiful table runner, really appreciates it. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete