Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stash Report- August 29, 2010

Finished these 2 wall hangings for my front door.  Fortunately my front door is protected from the elements!  The Saints one on the right I had no pattern- the inspiration came from the fabric leftover from my Saints quilt; the Halloween one on the right is the pattern in the current Fons & Porter magazine.  Still need to sew on a few cute pumpkin and spider buttons I found at a local craft store.
Not a good week for stash-busting.  Collecting pastel fabrics for a Summer at Mom's quilt.  I love this summer's collection of pastels fabrics in Kaffe Fassett's collection.  Also purchased a bit more fabric for a Christmas lap quilt to be made from the leftover fabric I had from my Christmas quilt.  Still in the black for the year though!

Used this Week: 7.5 yards
Used year to Date: 145 yards
Added this Week: 15.5 yards
Added Year to Date: 130.25 yards
Net Used for 2010: 14.75yards

4 comments:

  1. You're in the black. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Saints!!! Perfect inspiration for a winning season. And you are still in the black (and gold).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your door hangings are great. As you say, not bad for stash busting. Great numbers, great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your saint's door hanging and it gave me a great idea for a friend. Your Halloween witch makes me want to try that one too.

    ReplyDelete