Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, December 3, 2012

Easy Street, Part 2


I finished the 4 patches this weekend and began working on the flying geese.  Only got about 20 of them done.  They are actually easier than I thought.  After all the quilting I have done, I've never had a fool-proof method for making flying geese.  I've only made them with paper piecing.  I went out and bought the Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers and I have to tell you- this method is awesome.  There is no waste and they come out as near perfect as I can imagine.  Going to keep at it this week until I finish all 128 of them!

2 comments:

  1. Your geese are looking lovely, and I love using these rulers too. My piecing has never been more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donita your geese are looking marvelous - I've only made a few so far - didn't have the ruler at first so I'm doing the no waste way - BUT I can't wait to try the rulers (which I now have....too bad I cut all my purples for the other method..lol)

    ReplyDelete