Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, December 20, 2010

Design Wall Monday- December 20, 2010

Several friends have asked why I haven't posted my quilting activities on my blog lately.  Truth is I am finishing up the projects I am giving as Christmas gifts.   The first picture is a queen size cafe au lait quilt that I hand quilted.  I pieced the quilt in February and it has been my hand project while I watch TV in the evening.  In October I realized I was only about half done- mostly because during the summer months it was too warm to put on my lap!  So, I had to start putting in some serious hand quilting time and last night I took my last stitch.  Binding this week and it goes under the tree!


This next quilt is one of two I am making for friends.  I machine quilted these on my home machine.  The other one is blue and white.  Binding is done on this one.  Other one will get done this week also.  I pieced these during the summer too and thought I was doing good.  I need to learn to complete the project.  Yeah, right, when signing up for Judy L's 2011 UFO Challenge I found at least 12 UFOs!  Instead, maybe I should not be so ambitious in giving quilts as gifts.  We all know it certainly costs more that buying a gift.  But so fun to see how they are appreciated!

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. quilts as gifts. yes, giving them to people who appreciate them is fun. I love to see them USING my quilts.

    ReplyDelete