Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Saturday, December 18, 2010

2011 UFO Challenge

UFOs All Boxed Up & Ready to GO- 12 of them!

I am going to participate in Judy L's 2011 UFO Challenge.  One UFO a month will be completed in the order Judy designates.  Some of these months will be tough! Most months I hope to piece the top.  After I piece the top, I send it to the longarmer and when I get it back, I put the binding on.  I love sewing binding while I watch TV.  I'm not going to set my goal to complete the entire quilt in a month because the time retraint I have is how backed up the longarmer is at the time.   I'll post pictures with each month's UFO. Click on the button on the right side of this blog to follow the challenge.  Here's to a productive year of quilting- 2011!

2011 UFO CHALLENGE

  • 1 Cajun Crossing- quilt & bind
  • 2 Halloween lap-piece top
  • 3 Mardi Gras- piece top
  • 4 Mardi Gras lap- piece top
  • 5 Ocean View- piece top
  • 6 Avignon lap- piece top
  • 7 A Day At The Beach- piece top
  • 8 Red & White- piece top
  • 9 Saints- piece top
  • 10 New York Beauty- piece top
  • 11 Bali Pop Star- piece top
  • 12 Patriotic Star- piece top

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your UFOs. Why is it always so much more fun to start than to finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! I just joined the challenge and I'm looking forward to following along with everyone's progress!
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete