Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, April 22, 2012

GSQA Quilt Show 2012

I entered 4 quilts into the Gulf States Quilting Association 2012 quilt show held this weekend.  Of the 4 quilts, 2 received ribbons. 
The first one is titled "A Day at the Beach".  It is a Flavin Glover pattern.  Pictured with me is Loretta Webre who did the beautiful hand-guided quilting.  This quilt won "Judge's Choice"!
My next one is "Total Eclipse" which is a Judy Neimeyer pattern.  I took her class at the GSQA seminar in March 2011.  This one received an Honorable Mention.
The 2 other quilts I entered are ones I did several years ago.  This one is "Poinsettia's".  It adorns my bed at Christmas time.
The last one is "Mardi Gras Masquerade".  It adorns my bed during Mardi Gras season.
When entering these last 2 quilts one thing I noticed is how much my quilt construction has improved since I made these 2.  I hope I am always in a position that I am learning and improving.
And last but not least, this is what I went home with!  Plus a cash prize for Judge's Choice.  All in all, a very nice weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a lot of quilts made with Judy's patterns getting noticed at Quilt shows this year. Nice to get ribbons and a cash prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How wonderful for you! All four of your quilts are fantastic. I'm glad the judges did such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the quilts - but the total eclipse is by far my favorite - I aspire to make one some day ... when I'm confident enough in my skills. You did a great job - Congrats !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and prizes are so wonderful to win!! I am loving the beach quilt, and elcipse is fab... you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Congrats on the judges choice, quite an honor!

    ReplyDelete