Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Thursday, January 5, 2012

Poodles, Poodles everywhere!

My friend Betty got a new toy poodle.  I have a 3 year old toy poodle. My poodle just loves quilts.  He thinks everyone I make is for him.  So, when I saw this french fabric it was just great for our french poodles!  If you look at the fabric closely, in the light pink and light blue fabric there is a girl walking a white french poodle.  These are small, big enough to fit the spot they sit on the couch.  Love my poodle- he's the sweetest, smartest little dog.  But, he's leaving again soon.  Most of the year he lives up in NYC with my daughter.  His new quilt will go with him. 

4 comments:

  1. What a lucky poodle to have you see for her. I was going through your past blogs and would appreciate knowing the pattern used for the baby hearts quilt shown on Set 18 blog. I've done a google search for baby hearts. But I like your hearts the best. Thanks. Suzanne. Sneuhaus@hot.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have six poodles 4 standards and 2 toys. They love the quilts. I make a quilt every year for our clubs auction table. I have this fabric and I like your design very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working on the baby hearts quilt now and was looking through your past blogs. What pattern did you use for the Christmad lap quilt on 2010. I think I recognize that pattern in other quilts do it must be a favorite. Thank you. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, Yes, it is a favorite. It is a pattern from a local shop in Houma, LA call the Quilting Niche'. The pattern is called "Baby It's You" by Fancy Girl Designs. The quilt is 80 X 95- so it's a nice size.

      Delete