Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Sunday, September 18, 2011

September UFO


This is my September UFO for Judy L's 2011 UFO Challenge.  I took this class in 2009.  It is called Bali Sea Star in the book Scrap-Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett.  It is made using batik jelly rolls.  In the class I made 2 blocks, came home and made 2 more.  Then there it sat for 2 years.  Thank you July L for doing the 2011 UFO challenge or I don't think I ever would have finished this one!


11 comments:

  1. I've seen the book many times and it always catches my eye, but I've resisted buying it so far. Your version is gorgeous - good for you finishing the remaining 16 blocks and getting it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this block before, but it's lovely with the batiks! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt...I really like the pattern. Great UFO Finish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful batiks! That is one gorgeous quilt. I'm so glad you were inspired to finish it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is way to pretty for sitting there for years. Wonderful quilt! Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful quilt! I love the fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Kim Brackett patterns and this is a lovely quilt. Great finish. Judy C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim's patterns are the best and your version is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have book...but haven't made the quilt. I love your version. Sometimes we just need a little push.

    ReplyDelete