Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, August 8, 2011

August UFO

A Day At The Beach

This is my August UFO on my list.  Finished piecing the top.  It is a pattern by Flavin Glover using courthouse step log cabin blocks.  I started on this one in July having cut out the strips for the blocks last year.  They sky alone was 58 blocks!  I thought I'd never finish making them.  Not to a longarmer.  I just love this quilt and had to make it.  This one is a keeper- mine.
Sorry for the distorted quilt.  It's hard to take a picture of a large quilt and this one is 90 X 70.  


8 comments:

  1. That's absolutely amazing! I can't imagine all of the work in choosing the right fabrics and piecing all of those blocks...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous quilt...so glad that it will be worked on this month...it deserves to be admired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful!! Worth every single moment spent on it!! FAB-U-LUSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great quilt! We had Flavin Glover at our guild in California a couple of months ago--she's great! I'm sure you'll love your quilt once it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Even from your photo it is easy to see how large that quilt is. Funny, most of the quilts on my UFO challenge list are for me, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! So unique - in a good way. You've done a great job with the scrappy coloredness of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes--so many pieces--I can see why you thought you'd never finish the sky. It turned out nicely--I can see why it is a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice! it's so refreshing and summery...

    ReplyDelete