Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, January 6, 2014

Scrappy challenge table runner

This past holiday season I was overwhelmed with my goals of items to make for the church's Christmas bazar.  I literally sewed and quilted from September until December.  So, this year my goal is to make 1 item each month.  When Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times came out with her monthly scrappy challenge involving a designated block she included diagrams for a quilt and a table runner.  I made this table runner using scraps from the other Christmas projects I did this year.  I do not have an inch of either the white or green fabrics left- those were truly scraps.  I do have about 1/2 yard of the red left, so you may see it again!
January done- cha ching!  Now I get to spend the rest of the month working on a UFO- right?

2 comments:

  1. that is a beauty. and smart to start that christmas sewing early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table runner! It feels good to get started early, doesn't it? I might have to follow suit!

    ReplyDelete