Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, July 29, 2013

Effervescent Pineapple


I finished my pineapple quilt.  I took the Trash to Treasures class with Gyleen Fitzgerald in March at the GSQA seminar in Baton Rouge.  I made 42 pineapple blocks and completed it with borders from Robert Kaufman's Effervescence fabric I got at my LQS.  It's hard to see in this picture, but the border on the top and bottom are the border fabric.  The sides are a 3" narrower border suggested by Gyleen.  It's not borders as above, it's just bubbles on black background fabric.  Ready for the longarmer now!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! Congrats on getting it to the finished flimsy stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! And the border is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Terrific quilt! Those pineapple blocks are quite involved, you did a nifty job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great quilt! I couldn't resist enlarging the picture so I could see everything.

    ReplyDelete