Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, April 15, 2013

Leader & Ender String Blocks

I am still working on my paper pieced pieces for the Wild Women Don't Get the Blues quilt blocks.  This takes so much longer than I expected.  I keep telling myself I should have gone for a wall hanging!  Truth is that I think I'm bored with it and haven't seemed to find the time to work too much on it.  Anyway, I have used the Bonnie Hunter philosophy of leaders and enders to make string blocks.  I will need 42 of them for a quilt and I suspect I will have that done by the time I finish the Wild Women Don't Get the Blues blocks done!  The string blocks will be made into a throw size quilt and machine quilted.  It will be a donation quilt.  I can't believe it has hardly made a dent in my string stash!  So, I guess I'll start on another one as a leader and ender.

2 comments:

  1. LOL...your stash will grow instead of diminish!! I don't know how that happens but it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand getting tired of a project - can you offer yourself a reward to finish it? In the meantime I LOVE your string blocks!!

    ReplyDelete