Welcome to D T Quilts!

This blog will chronicle my quilting experiences. I have been sewing since my grandmother taught me to as a child. I loved it even then. I began quilting in 2004 to make a quilt of my daughter's school uniforms. Check out the Lauren's Sacred Heart Quilt page. I fell in love with quilting and have not stopped since. I belong to several great quilt guilds. Happy Quilting!



Monday, March 25, 2013

Wild Women Don't Get the Blues

Back in January 2012 I took a workshop with Karen Stone for a quilt titled "Wild Women Don't Get the Blues!"  This is Karen's quilt:
Each block has 4 pieces that are paper-pieced.  Yes, I love paper piecing.  I just love getting those perfect points without struggling.  While Karen's quilt features a lot of autumn colors, I prefer brights.  I am focusing on black and pink as my main colors.  Here is one of the blocks I am working on:
My quilt will be larger than Karen's- throw size or so- 70 X 80.  I will need 56 blocks.  That comes to 224 of these paper-pieced units.  I think I will be working on this for the next few weeks!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE your colors and fun fabrics. This will be a beautiful quilt when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colors! Can't wait to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will never get the "blues" with this quilt. I love the colors which are very bright and cheerful. Makes me smile just looking at the block!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an intriguing block! Your colorway will guarantee smiles each time you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that the blocks are on an angle. You colours look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love your blocks. I just attended a quilt show which featured Freddy Moran as a guest artist and she would feel right at home in your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be a great quilt to work on...love Karen Stone's quilts...I bet her workshop was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where can I purchase the pattern. I don't have EQ. Is there a paper version.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this pattern and your quilt that you made. The pattern would be great since Karen K. Stone quilt books are unfortunately out of my budget.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too took Karen's class at the Daytona Quilt Show i February of this year. I've made a few blocks as well but I don't see an end in a few weeks or years actually. Good Luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete